5/20/2014

Chanel's Desert Rose


There is something about Karl Lagerfeld’s latest production  on “The Island” in Dubai that keeps me coming back to the runway video... I don’t know if it’s the music or the backdrop of the $2.5 million structure complete with rows of full size palm trees created especially for this event. If I could select the show I wanted to attend more than any other, this dreamy paradise would have my vote. Guests arrive in boats to a manmade CHANEL island laden with desert flair: hookahs, traditional drinks, local tunes and Bedouin tents. The show takes place in a gigantic rectangular hangar covered in a CC lattice that looks on first glance like the kind of traditional Islamic fretwork wrapping most mosques. Let's get a few glimpses through the eyes of Vogue Paris Instagram and others...








There was an ease to the ready to wear (RTW) show echoing the relaxed state of mind necessary in the desert heat. I am particularly fascinated with the balloon’y harem pant and the ‘churidar’ style slim cigarette pant paired with the longer tunics. And what a delight to see so many looks paired with Aladdin looking flats. I can surely see myself investing in a few pieces myself. Of all the collections, these pieces are some of the most translatable for everyday life. And I must confess there was something about the ‘big hair’ that got me. This look is my own personal definition of hair glamour. No one does it quite like Karl!







As PurseBop you know my eyes were constantly zooming in to see the hand held accessories and there were a couple of bags that caught my attention. Of course the oil can (it might be the most photographed and reposted bag)... If you look closely you’ll see that the petrol can was featured in the clear plexi-glass very similar to the iconic Chanel No. 5 bottle clutch (that I'm still obsessed with). The other bag I likely won't be able to resist is the XL pearl dangling from a chain. It reminds me of the "globe bag" (but hopefully an Iphone will fit this one)... 










These gold bangles took my breath away and the mehndi tattoo is officially on file for the next Indian wedding I attend. 



For those with a few minutes to spare check out the runway show...I've admittedly seen it a few times more than once. 




Love PurseBop
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask questions, leave comments, or just 'Bop' by to say hi...

❤PurseBop

Subscribe to PurseBop by Email